Monday, February 21, 2011

First Truth: Give Up on the Conventional Docs

Mainstream medicine has failed me. It was not once, but for many years as I bounced around from doctor to doctor trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally I figured out what was wrong by researching online. I then took my diagnosis to a doctor and insisted on being tested. Sure enough, I was right and I was diagnosed with POTS. Thanks for nothing, oh and the medical bills.

Why would I try to get support or help from the same system that had no idea what was wrong with me in the first place?

I tried their suggestions for a while and realize that I was not getting better. At least with the doctors I have seen, once the standard suggestions are exhausted, they have no idea what to do. I look normal and for most doctors that's all they really care about at the end of the day. Some of them still think you have to look sick to be sick. Even some of the top names are guilty of this as it was implied I was "exaggerating" my heart rate increases while standing. Sick.

If you cannot handle hearing the painful truth and the lack of fake hope that most others cling onto, then please stop reading now. This blog is not for you. I am not here to win awards or to make someone with a bad situation feel happy. No I'll leave that to the therapists. I'm here to get better, for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment